Monday 14 December 2015

Fair & Lovely and other Indian brands

Sorry to say but I don't like this cream. It's moderately good for acne control and as a makeup base but this cream will not lighten you whatsoever. It may for some but it has never done so for me or any of my friends.
                             The basic lightener in F&L is niacinamide or vitamin B3. B3 is a proven skin lightener. I don't know why but F&L's B3 is very ineffective, at least for me. It may work for many given its popularity. Most of the Indian lighteners contain either B3 ( Pond's White beauty) or Liquorice (Lotus, Jovees). Both of these are effective and good. But it's better to buy a pure B3 or liquorice lotion rather than wasting money on these creams (my personal opinion, these creams may be very effective for a lot of people). One can easily get these lotions on eBay or eBay's Global Easybuy. Ebay, Amazon India, Booyah Chicago and Rediff Shopping are some of the few Indian sites that sell international beauty products. A pure lotion costs around 2000 rupees. It has been my observation time and again that Indian products are very ineffective.

1 comment: